PDA

View Full Version : With a heavy heart...

plantoneonme
06-13-2009, 06:45 AM
First I want to thank everyone for the prayers for my husband John. The doctors removed the polyp that was holding up his surgery but unfortunately they were unable to control the massive amount of bleeding he had following the surgery. The doctors and nurses worked for many hours to try to stop the bleeding and maintain a blood pressure. When it was obvious there was nothing more that could be done I and our children decided to let him pass with dignity. One of John's last wishes was not to die on a ventilator and we had it removed. He passed quietly and actually looked amazingly peaceful at 9:34 am on Thursday, June 11th.

Thank you all for your support. Kim

gardengirl72
06-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Oh Kim...I am so sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and your children. I am stuck with a loss for words. Your family is in my prayers.

MoniDew
06-13-2009, 07:15 AM
oh, Kim! I'm so sorry for your loss! I pray you find the comfort of God and your loving family in this time. Bless you!

onmiwei
06-14-2009, 12:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss...my prayers are with you and your family...

daddylonglegs
06-14-2009, 06:47 PM
So sorry for your loss. You are brave to respect his wishes in that way. That takes courage. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

PJJ
06-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you and your family.

Penny

Cynthia
06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Blessings to you and your family during this difficult time.
Cynthia

Garden Green
06-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh hon, I am so sorry to know that you all had to endure such a terrible and tragic situation. My thoughts and prays are with you.

Aspen
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Bless you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace in happy memories.

Sinfonian
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I am so sorry for your family's loss. Remember the good times and enjoy life as he would have wanted. Take care.

plantoneonme
06-17-2009, 07:41 PM
I had a chance to check into my emails today and found all the lovely sentiments from you all. I appreciate them all so very much!!!

I don't have much time online right now except to try to get our affairs in order. I really had no clue the amount of things that have to be taken care of. It seems as if everything I try to accomplish takes at least a half a day each...3 banks to deal with took 2 days, then there is Social Security, mortages, life insurance and the list goes on and on.

The part I am having a hard time dealing with is how simple things catch me off guard. For example, I was talking with my son yesterday and realized I had no one to help me lift heavy things. What a silly thing to start bawling over but at that exact moment I felt alone for the very first time. I know he would help me if I needed him but it is just not that same as having John here with me.

I have been keeping very busy and going to bed late and very tired which is helping me get some sleep (that and a little something from my doctor). Once I get more time, I will be able to chat a little but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you all. Kim

Warlord
06-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm also very sorry for your loss.:( I just found out a few moments ago. I barely know you but I think of you as a good friend and fellow Michigander. I will continue to pray for you & your family. It's real hard at times when you pray for something and God says no. I know it hurts and I know God is there to see you & your family through this dificult time. I know you won't forget your Garden family either. Keep in touch, we love you. Sincerely Warren