PDA

View Full Version : Food, Inc

MoniDew
06-19-2009, 02:35 PM
anyone else keeping up with the chatter on this movie, on FaceBook and Twitter today?

It's about the dangers of factory farming. Promotes sustainability, organics, etc...

Check it out! GOOGLE: Food, Inc (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-ContextMenu&rlz=1I7DKUS_en&q=food%2C+inc&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10)

kinnisoj
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I heard Robin on THE HOWARD STERN SHOW talking about it. She has gone abit over board on her natural living but ya they talked about it for quite a bit.
She also talked about that "no one grows their own food anymore!" "Nobody knows a farmer...heck I dont even know were a farm is anymore!"
But Robin said it will make you think...(I type this as a gentle rain falls over the garden,,,its gonna be a good day tater)

MoniDew
06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
:D

I tried to keep up with the Twitter chatter today, but it was a real slug-fest, I tell ya'. Lots of farmers defending their practices, lots of ignorance! UGH.
I tried to get my 2 cents in, whenever I could, and I tried to encourage the poor guy! He was trying to educate people who are more determined to engage in a bloody battle than to open their minds to thinking a new way. It was very frustrating. ultimately, I checked out after about half an hour. I was exhausted by the ignorance level!