PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Mexico

GoldenAcres
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello from sunny New Mexico. I am a single stay at home, homeschooling mom to a beautiful six year old daughter living on two acres of land that is about three miles outside town, so technically I am not urban. My family is self sustaining and have always been happiest living by our own two hands.

The previous owner of this property did not love it much so aside from some trees there was very little done. The soil is horrible and it needs a lot of amendments which is a challenge but this year I got an entire vegetable garden to survive and thrive. It has been so rewarding. Next challenge is a lawn.

I discovered GardenGirlTV videos on YouTube two weeks ago and have been thrilled to see someone living the same way I did when I was in town. Patti's chicken tractors are exactly what I have been looking for and her orchard has given me the nudge I needed to get one started here.

This website is going to be a huge asset to me and I look forward to reading, hearing and seeing everything it has to offer.

Computer Cowboy
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Howdy neighbor! I'm located on the Colorado/New Mexico border, so I probably deal with challenges similar to yours.

MoniDew
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
welcome to our little neighborhood!

SimplyForties
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the group!

Cynthia
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Welcome.

Where in NM are you gardening - the state has varied landscape.

Glad you are here,
Cynthia