PDA

View Full Version : Hello from western MD

Karen
07-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi, I just found Patti's great videos through YouTube the other day, and then this site and have been soaking everything up!

I've been gardening organically for about 15 years, in upstate NY, coastal VA, SC, GA and now Maryland. I got started by reading a ton of back issues of OG magazine and never looked back. The last few years I've really been wanting a small farm to have some livestock, but it's not in the cards for us to move anytime soon (we just moved to this house 2 yrs ago). We have a little over half an acre lot in a small city/large town neighborhood. I've been looking into keeping chickens and think the tractor idea is the best one for me, and Patti's videos about putting them on the beds is outstanding! One of my kids wants rabbits and another wants chickens, so I think I can make them both happy. I just want eggs and composting.

I'd love to turn my backyard into a huge growing area like Patti's but dh still wants a lot of grass for the kids to play on, so I eke out a bed here and a bed there.

Karen

gardengirl72
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the boards Karen. Thanks for your support.

Cynthia
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM
so glad you're here
Cynthia

Garden Green
07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow, covered a lot of ground there! Welcome to the forums!