PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see...

plantoneonme
07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi all, I just stopped in to say hello and let you all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Things have been so crazy since John died last month. I am still getting things in order, working crazy hours, and my daughter in law finally had her ovarian tumor removed...so far the doctor thinks it is NOT cancer:D

The garden is growing like crazy and I am getting plenty to eat every day. The first tomatoes developed BER which really bums me out but I finally picked one today, slightly green, that has no signs...here's hoping I can finally get one to eat! My zucchini has gone totally insane...good thing I only planted one. The neighbors on either side of me are loving my over abundance of zucchini as well as a couple people from work. It amazes me that last year I got zero and this year I am getting 3-5 A DAY!!! from just one plant.

I am having a bit of a rough time keeping things up and since I would much prefer to spend my very limited free time outside in the garden and doing lawn work, I hired a lady to clean my house once a month. I was starting to wonder if I had enough dust inside to start my next round of seeds :o

Financially things are looking like I will survive relatively OK. I am refinancing my mortgage tomorrow which will save me about $200 a month. I need to do this asap since there is no way I can afford to pay on my husband's boat and it will be reposessed next month if I cannot sell it...man someone could get the deal of a lifetime if I can find him or her in time (the bank will accept $40K less than I owe). Well we've been in tough spots before and I am confident that in time things will get better...at least I am eating good.

Hope to be able to get online more to catch up on how things are growing for you all although I do skin through the emails every few days...take care all. Kim

Garden Green
07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Glad to know that you have such a positive attitude and that you are surviving. I couldn't imagine how hard this is for you and wish you the best of luck getting life back in order. It's really great news that your daughter-in-law doesn't have cancer, too! Hang in there and we'll be here when you get back. :)

Aspen
07-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, bless you honey, you are working hard and keeping a positive attitude. I think you will make it and wish you tons of luck!