PDA

View Full Version : What type of videos would you like to see?

gardengirl72
07-27-2009, 09:26 AM
My shooting season is winding down, but I wanted to find out if there were any topics that you would like me to cover in my videos. I've got a big list, but would love your input so I can make the most of my shooting days.

GoldenAcres
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I know you have many beds for winter produce but many of us don't have a winter garden for different reasons. A video about wintering the garden (putting it to bed) until next season would be great.

kinnisoj
07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Would love to see something about fruit tree care/pruning,maybe how to graft a tree.
Also more about the raised beds would be great. I tryed quite a few this year and I must say I lovew them and will be doing more.
Thank you for your time and for the site! Jayson

Garden Green
07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
You've been at this for a few years and all the raised beds, animal husbandry, ponds, fountains, hydroponic seed starting, the solar panels, and the orchard (and the ton of other things I'm forgetting) are all very inspiring. I think a "how far I've come" video would be awesome. Kind of giving a recap of where you started and how long it took you to start really supporting your family's food needs and lowering footprint, etc.

If not that, then a bloopers vid! :D

daddylonglegs
07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
yes, I would like to see a "What to do in the fall video".
thanks
DLL

James
07-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Have you thought About grafting fruit trees???And then you might think about one on layering to get starts , that would be roses and berry plants and grapes.Oh theres also air grafting.. And I would love to see A video on rooting roses from cuttings

gardengirl72
08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks so much for your feed back. I have some great ideas. I'll be able to do some more fall into winter garden videos coming up. I have a tree series in mind to shoot this September. Along with winter videos I've been wanting to do a greenhouse series as well.

MoniDew
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I would like to see ideas on organic/natural pest control, fungal control, fertilizing, etc.

Aspen
08-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I would love a video about your greenhouse.

I would also like to see more about your goats!

vermmy35
10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I always like when you do some video on cooking and salads. I always need some idea and I loved you cucumber salad it was great.

gardengirl72
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Cooking yes and salads. I'd love to do different low cal dressings for salads. Keep the ideas coming. How about some craft videos?

Ginger
10-26-2009, 08:16 PM
I would love to see a section on the modifications on your tractors from then until now. What has worked well? What would you do differently?

I would also like to see your leaves for cookies party in action. How do you layer the leaves and add worms? Do you cover your beds with earth and plastic? How do you hold down the plastic in bad weather?

I would like a grand tour of the whole garden, including what we don't see on your videos now. You know sort of an arial view, taking us to each section in turn. What has worked well? What would you do differently now that you've been at it awhile?

Anyway....that's my two cents.

gardengirl72
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks so much for your comments Ginger. I do try and keep it general because living in New England conditions does not apply to everyone. My dvd available at http://www.olivebarn.com is really comprehensive on one garden where I build it from scratch. Also check out the video Titled "My Garden" I am currently editing hours of footage that will give you grand perspective of my main garden and my evolution and cooking and lots more.

James
10-31-2009, 12:03 PM
What about A working vacation, you get to go to South Padre Island, then you can do A segment on the Yexas citus orchards, Including South Texas Organics. Just A mile from my house. Then theres The citrus juice plant in Mission mission Then Forever Living Aloe Vra. They also raise the Edible cactus for market.. But the main thing is you would help to bring how the Oranges/Grapefruits go from the tree to the table

gardengirl72
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Citrus. I love citrus. I have mini citrus trees growing in my house and they have fruit coming in. I hope to be doing some location videos in the future. I tend to make videos that keep me close to home.

curranbound
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I would like to see more videos that re-use things that are often thrown out and turning them into something eco-friendly for the garden. I work on a very limited budget so a lot of my garden things have to be built from things I can get very cheap or free.

ETA: I think you are doing a great job patty, I love your videos! You are an inspiration to us all!

MoniDew
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Patti, I would love to know how to make and install solar and/or wind power on my urban home. This is something that I would love to utilize but keep being told is too expensive. I know that others have found economical ways of doing it themselves - but I don't know HOW! Can you clear this up for me, please?!

Blossome
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
When I first started growing food about 2-3 years ago. I was so excited that I bought an mini fiji apple and a peach tree. Well now they are so gone. I don't think they survived this winter they barely survived the summer. Anyway I would like to see something on how to pick out, plant, care for your fruit trees and how to winterize them as well. Oh and also how do cut down the roots so you can grow them indoors if you have to. Thank so much, you have really inspired me.

Blossome
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I just thought of this and I really hope its not too much, but I have a back patio with wrap around window but it's so totally not insulated at all. Could you do a video on how to make an area like this into an winter or year around growing spot. I've had some ideas on how I could do this but it really wasn't cost effective. I start my seeds and grow my herbs out there right now but it would be the perfect place to grow year around. thanks :)

LDMT
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Citrus. I love citrus. I have mini citrus trees growing in my house and they have fruit coming in. I hope to be doing some location videos in the future. I tend to make videos that keep me close to home.

I have tried to grow citrus (dwarf) for a few years and always manage to kill them. So far I've had the sam citrus tree for almost a year and that's the longest - that wasn't from a seed. Please any tips on caring for these trees in NE - especially in the winter, would help greatly.

gardengirl72
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
I finally have some fruit on my citrus tree. In cold climates you need to consider them as house plants. They are tropical plants so they can't tolerate cold at all. I bring them inside in the fall and carefor them indoors thru the winter and mostof spring. Once the temps are over 60 I bring them back out. They need to be watered well. My dwarf container citrus trees tend to dry out quickly and I am always watering them. Plant them in a light container with a good potting soil like Organic Mechanics Soil that is water retentive and compost rich. Don't forget to water them! Good Luck.

recyclingmom
02-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi Patti, I would love to see videos for an indoor hydoponic set-up that is economical, effective and runs using a solar panel. I dream of setting up an Herb/Veggie and Fruit shop that caters to an often neglected market.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
With many thanks and gratitude,
Liza
(Now living in NC)

mos6507
03-22-2010, 02:02 AM
I understand it kind of breaks the format of short and sweet, but for it to really be informative sometimes you may want to go over a few minutes. You've done enough episodes by now that you're starting to rerun clips, and it might be better to cover these topics a second time but with more depth. Maybe call it "gardengirl advanced".