PDA

View Full Version : Link to Gary Ibsen's heirloom tomato site

Garden Addict
07-31-2009, 12:19 AM
There is some good info on his site. Take a look at the earthtainer for growing tomatoes in small space areas.

http://earthtainer.tomatofest.com/

Sinfonian
07-31-2009, 01:09 AM
I bought one of my heirloom varieties from his site this year. I am disappointed he has a minimum order, but thankfully I have enough garden buddies to share an order with that it worked out.

I also exclusively grow tomatoes in self watering containers, aka Earthtainers TM. Yes, I don't use his term because it's trademarked. Hands down they're the best way in my opinion to grow tomatoes (I grow two plants per 18 gallon container rather than his 31 gallon verision just fine), and they're really simple to make. I had a SWC party this year and four of us built 10 in an evening full of BBQ and games, hehe.

Aspen
07-31-2009, 12:40 PM
I am salivating at all the lucious varieties! I've already started a list to place an order for next year. Yum!

As for the Earthtainers, I think there was a guy selling those at our local farmer's market. I'll check it out tomorrow. Anything to make my maters more prolific!

GoldenAcres
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I love the Earth Tainer definitely going to give this a try next year.

Garden Green
08-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the link. I think this is a great idea and it seems as if it wouldn't be too difficult to build. Great for the back that doesn't want to tote water everyday.

Garden Addict
08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
My friend is going to try a few for next year. Looks like a good idea and yes easy on the back.