View Full Version : Birthday Dinner

08-06-2009, 09:51 PM

1/2 gallon of homemade peach/chipotle salsa from gorgeous peaches at local farmstand

a chicken fajita

homemade spanish rice

roasted corn, made from fresh corn found at local farmstand

08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

corn tortillas from local Mexican market, fresh avocado, fresh tomatoes from local farmstand

queso fresco from local Mexican market

forgetting all about weight watcher points for just one night? PRICELESS!

08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
yummy!!! Feliz cumpleanos (happy birthday)

08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Muchas gracias!

Garden Green
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Very yummy looking. I wanna come to your house for dinner! With birthday present in hand, of course.

Happy Birthday!

08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
yes, me too.
What time is dinner?

Recipe for the peach/chipotle salsa ??

08-08-2009, 09:09 PM
well, the peach/chipotle salsa was thrown together, spur of the moment, with what I had on-hand after trip to farm stand and Mexican grocery. I should warn you - I never measure, and I never make anything the same way twice. I'm a schizophrenic cook!

this is what went in it for birthday dinner:

2 large cans Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes
2 chipotles from a can of chipotle in adobo
2 gigantic peaches, blanched, peeled, and grilled a bit (until I had some grill marks)
2 small onions, chopped (or a bunch of scallions)
2 T crushed garlic (I used jarred, because I was out of fresh)
1 big bunch of cilantro, leaves stripped from stems (for the most part) :p
2 T honey (or sugar) (or sweeter, if you want it sweet - I like the sweet/hot interplay here)
1 t ground cumin
4 limes, juiced
salt, to taste

I just whipped it all up in my food processor and put it in a half-gallon canning jar. (Not pressure-treated, just lidded and parked in the fridge). Since I do such large batches of things, I have a food processor that can hold 2 quarts. If you need to, cut the recipe in half, to fit the size of your food processor and/or canning jars.

By the way, you are all invited over, any time you like, for any reason, with or without warning. Just come on down!

08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks so much for posting this recipe. Happy BDay!