PDA

View Full Version : Need help - zucchini disease

wyogardener
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
My zucchini leaves turned light brown and crispy over night. I swear everything seemed fine one day and the next day after work all the mature leaves were brown. I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough water, but I've been careful to water enough since then and it's just getting worse. The plant is still blooming, but the one zucchini I had on it died and the newer leaves are affected. I'm thinking this must be some kind of fungus (it's not white like powdery mildew and I haven't seen any sign of insects). I also tried fertilizing with fish emulsion and that didn't help either. I'm wondering if there is any kind of (natural) remedy I can try, or should I just cut my losses and get rid of it before it spreads.

Any suggestions?

gardengirl72
08-15-2009, 10:38 AM
It can be fungal. You might want to try an organic fungicide. Most garden centers have some as well as the big box stores are starting to carry them now too. Post a picture if you can.

wyogardener
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for your advice Patti! I hadn't checked back in a while because I didn't think I was going to get a response. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera (in some ways I haven't joined the 21st Century yet). I haven't really done anything but watch the zucchini do badly for the last couple of weeks. We probably only have two or three more weeks before the first frost, so I think I'm going to just give up and pull it. There's always next year!