PDA

View Full Version : I'm still around too.

Warlord
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd say a quick hi before once again falling off the radar:rolleyes:. I would like to say sorry for staying away for so long. I was very busy with our garden, helping with household chores, work and spending time with the family. What, with being a low-tec in all I just don't spend too much time with any form of media.
All is going really well exept the meltdown I had last weekend over all my blighted tomato plants:mad:. I lost a good portion of them to late blight I believe. I hear that a great many people up here in NW Michigan are haveing the same problem with their tomatoes.
I do plan on spending more time on this site reading through all the postings as well as watching All of Patti's videos over and over again. I'll also share some of the things that happened here over the summer. I won't be gone for so long this time. Warren :cool:

gardengirl72
09-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Blight was rough this year! Nice to hear from you.

Cynthia
10-03-2009, 02:47 PM
to help prevent blight next season, put about one cup of organic cornmeal around each plant when you plant it - it will grow a fungus that helps kill blight.

Also, there is a product called "Plant Wash" that can be sprayed on plants at first sign of blight - its pricey, but it really helps stop the blight.