PDA

View Full Version : What a score!

plantoneonme
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I found a source for some foraged apples and pears today. I was able to pick up a couple bags of each for free! They are not good enough to eat out of hand but will easily be cleaned and turned into applesauce and pearsauce.

I also found and dug out an asparagus plant today and transplanted to my own garden. I did all of this with permission of course...the elderly lady who owns the trees was happy to have someone clean up the mess. I plan on taking her a couple jars of the sauces.

Kim

Yomolove
09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
BRAVO BRAVO... That was a great score!!!

gardengirl72
09-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Yummie! Foraging is a great way to feed the family!

Cynthia
09-27-2008, 09:06 AM
That's so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

plantoneonme
09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I offered on Freecycle to clean up someones garden if I could keep the crops...got 5 plastic grocery bags of tomatoes, 2 of zucchini and 4 of various others. They got a cleaned out garden ready for next year...we both win! Kim

Sinfonian
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
What a great idea! Never thought of that. I don't have time this year but I enjoyed cleaning up my garden so someone else's would be no problem.

Thanks! I love win win solutions.

AbbeyLehman
10-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I offered on Freecycle to clean up someones garden if I could keep the crops...got 5 plastic grocery bags of tomatoes, 2 of zucchini and 4 of various others. They got a cleaned out garden ready for next year...we both win! Kim

Whoa--I should do that. Smart!!!