PDA

View Full Version : I have harvested and I am happy...

leydaleon
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Althought the hail storm destroyed most of our garden, I have been able to harvest some tomatoes, green beans, pink beans, white beans, green bell peppers, and some herbs...

My goal this year was to harvest for preserving purposes, but that wasn't the case. I harvested for immediate use and it's been enough for using them in our meals. No preserving but still eating organic veggies! :)

We are happy because of that! :D

gardengirl72
09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Those darn hail storms! I'm glad you are able to enjoy what you have managed to harvest. I just got back from my trip to Nashville and dove right into my home grown veggies.

Cynthia
10-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Congratulations on your good garden year. What will you do differently next year?

hail took a toll on my garden in the late spring. it was a tough garden year for me.

rdsaltpower
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I consider my self fortunate this year with our harvest. We canned 48 pints of tomatoes and 14 quarts of green beans. I had a small patch of sweet corn but several wind storms knocked down some of it. we still got about two dozen ears out of it. We also had fresh carrots all summer that were grown in one of our new raised beds, thanks Patti!... The bell and hot peppers did not bear too well but we dried some of the hot ones and used the bell peppers in chili..yumm! Hope to learn from our mistakes and do better next season. :)