PDA

View Full Version : To many seeds???

James
10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, I Am under fire from my brother . It seems I have too many types of seeds. And the freezer is too full of my seeds. Any body else ynderstand this???? Its like I only have 8 types of corn And A few types of bean and pea seeds.of course theres 10 differnt types of flower seeds plus the standard mix od o p seed packs tomatoe lettuce radish, beets . And Peppers to name A few. I have recomined to jars so the door now holds 90% of the seeds. So do I have too many?????

redhead5318
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
no such thing as too much seeds!

but are you gonna use them all in the next few years? if not, i doesn't hurt to think about sharing the wealth.

James
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Well I Am hoping now that I have Help here to get raised beds in as well as renting A field to plant in jan. The flower seeds except the sunflowers my brother bought for the bees. He had A pollination service A year or so ago. So I Am not the only one with the seeds. If I don't get them planted I'll see about finding other folks who will want them

Cynthia
10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I'ave had the same happy problem. Things got better when I started keeping a garden journal, and making notes about what varieties worked well. Now I order a few new things each season and my seeds are a little more under control.

Is your brother wanting to store stuff in your freezer? :)

James
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Well. I have thinned out my seed inventory. But still have quite Alot left. So with luck I might be able to get A decent planting underway in Jan.