PDA

View Full Version : Buddy the dog is gone

James
10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Well Buddy was A great little dog, He was found by my brother at the caliche pit, He brought him home about 2 years ago. He was A friendly pup. Never knew his real age. He even let the cats and chickens eat with him. He hated possums. He was A English shepard . I will miss him. He always would meet me at the gate walking on his belly to see. me, Well Buddy rest in peace you will be missed. We gave him A shot yesterday, for external/ internal parasites. We think he had A reaction, To the shot. I buried him this afternoon. I Am thinking of planting A dryland flower patch on his grave. So he can be remembered. Plz remember our 4 legged friends are special..

Cynthia
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Bless your heart. It is so difficult to lose a beloved pet - I know you will miss him, and I know you loved him.
Cynthia

vermmy35
10-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I am sorry for your loss it is just so sad when they die when they are so young.

James
10-08-2009, 11:12 PM
While Buddy was A throw away pet He was A welcome member of the Family, I planted A dryland flower bed on his grave today. In memory of him. There is another throw away pet at the pit my brother may bring home. Her name is Hoppy. He has fed her since she was A puppy. Her name comes from the fact, she had A broken leg as A young pup. I think I will need to build A kennel first though. Buddy was the only pup that was there that my brother wanted to take home .He came up to the P/U the 1st night he was there 4 days later he was here. He broke his chain his 1st night here. He then proceeded to my brothers p/u to sleep A more loyal dog you could not have wanted... So We will discuss bringing Hoppy home soon. Not as A replacement for Buddy though. But As We need A dog who wil sound off when things are not right..(We give All the pets and livestock the best we can afford) After All God put them here for us, To have as companions (the dogs/cats that is)

MoniDew
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
:( so sorry for the loss of your beloved companion.

Hopefully your new friend can ease the pain of your loss.

gardengirl72
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I recently had to put down my first dog ever Waggie. She lived a long happy life. I can totally relate.

kristim23
10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
James, I'm so sorry for your loss. I also have someone's "throw away pet", and I believe they make the most wonderful pets, because they have seen the rougher side of life. I'm sure he was eternally grateful for you and your family and the great life you gave him. Take care! -Kristi