PDA

View Full Version : ideas for October planting?

Hydro662
10-13-2009, 11:50 PM
hi guys!!!

Anyone have any ideas on what I can still plant in this late month? I'm in southeastern Texas and its still really warm down here, we were in the 90's today, I know, but we usually have pretty mild winters here. Well if it's too late then no biggie, I was just wondering if I could get anything going this late in fall, although it doesn't seem much like fall right now, I'm still waiting for that cold front:cool:

James
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
If your near the river, I live 8 miles north of the rio near Mission texas, plant onions ,tomatoes and peppers as well as cabbages. So where are you near?????????/

Hydro662
10-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Hiya James, im down in Laredo actually and thanks for the reply, how about switching cabbages for lettuce? im not to fond of cabbage, any other recomendations?:D

James
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
So you live in the Rathole??? thats what we call laredo. Yes you can sub Lettuce , but then again what about A short day green bean or peas?? then you have some sweet corn types too. Oh I get to laredo about every 2-3 weeks .I deliver off of exit 24 but get off at exit 9 since they pulled the toll booths. You are about 150 miles from me. Webb county right?????????

Hydro662
10-17-2009, 02:01 PM
jajaja rathole huh? well I dont consider it that, its just not as nice as in the valley where youre at. but anyhow, I wouldnt mind some sweet corn if I can still grow it. you know any varieties that can still have a go? and yes we are in Webb. :cool:

James
10-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Golden bantam hybred is the one type that comes to mind. And the reason Laredo is called the Rathole, is its not the easiest place for semi's to get around, the Pilot fuel stop is the worst of Laredo.