PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from NE Texas

valerieneal
10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Just wanted to say hi. We are a home school family in NE Texas, I just found Patti through YouTube I think, I have been researching gardening ideas and helps to simplify our gardening and to share on my blog, so that others don't have to spend as much time looking for ideas or make the same mistakes I have. The kids and I will be doing some Square Foot, companion, and such gardening in 2010, while I am going to let my husband keep his 100ft by 100ft row patch if he wants to, just don't expect me to work it again with only a hoe this time!!!! That's about it, except I was wanting to know if it is okay to embed Patti's YouTube videos on my blog(s) I have the widgets, but want to share more, I also always give credit and link back to original author and/or web page.

Valerie

James
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
N E Texas?? Thats the piney woods or are you near Tyler And the Rose center?? Anyway welcome, I Am here in the lower valley, near McAllen myself..I just bought the Sq. Ft. book And its great, theres also A video on youtube by the author.

gardengirl72
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Valerie, Welcome to the boards. Please feel free to embed any of my youtube videos into your blog. Please share your blog address with us as well!

valerieneal
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the welcome, I am so far NE Texas that any farther and we would be in Arkansas. We are about an hour to an hour and a half (depending on who is driving) from the beautiful Piney Woods area and 2 hrs from Longview/Tyler area.

Thanks too for allowing me to put your videos on my blog(s), I have 2 garden blogs, one is just for fun and family the other my husband set up as more of a serious one. The "Just for fun" one is www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com, the other is www.valeriesgardenblog.com. There are many homeschoolers in our area who garden and have livestock, I a sure they will enjoy your videos and informative tips as much as I do.

I raided the Library Monday, and have several garden books to sustain me through the winter. If I had a few more supplies I would have put more than garlic in my kitchen garden yesterday, but the weather has been wet, and as my husband is in construction, things have slowed down here. I also noticed our Library does not have any garden videos, hhhmmmm, maybe I should give them one of yours for Christmas!!!

Have a GREAT day,
Valerie:D

gardengirl72
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Great pictures on your blog. Thanks for posting the links.