PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for being here and sharing.

lovegrows
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi I am Danet, from Albuquerque, NM. We are a life-learning family. We have decided to re-orient our way of living to urban sustainability. We have been reading and watching videos and, quite honestly, the more I try to learn just how to start and what the best and most cost efficient, therefore feasible, way to get underway, the more daunting it seems. I feel I need gardening for the overly-intellectually challenged. Like, I want for us to pick the most reasonable system for us and step by step, help it unfold.
I feel so excited, with the sense of possibility, involvement, relationship and fruition, when we watch you Patty. Thank you.
We are sort of diving in, even tough it is technically winter and have started by planting some lettuce seedlings indoors...
I'm not actually sure what it is I am doing here. Or even for sure what a forum is for or how to use it right. But, I just want to feel part of the living community committed to sustainability and not so alone in figuring it all out. So I am totally grateful to all you pioneers ahead of me.
I and my son's thank you.
Joy and Peace~Danet

MoniDew
11-05-2009, 12:56 AM
cool, Danet! And, to be honest with you, we're all "life learners." Because, life has that way, of teaching us, doesn't it?!

I too, found this family pre-season, and had to wait (and therefore LEARN) until I could plant my first garden. It's a wonderful time, that learning time. And yes, I tried, failed, tried again. Failed forward. OFTEN. And will continue to do so. And can't wait to do so again next season.

So, welcome aboard. Jump in with both feet. We'll learn about life together. That's what we do here! :)

lovegrows
11-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks Monica for the empathic support. It is great to remember that failure isn't really failure after all, but rather the way we grow and learn.
~love
~danet

gardengirl72
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the boards Danet. Check out the book Square Foot Gardening. Mel planted two of my raised beds in my garden this year and it worked well. I am over wintering them now and they are still producing. Thanks for your support

lovegrows
11-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks Patti I just order the book (Square Foot Gardening)! I planted my first seedlings and made my first 4'x4' bed and cold frame. Sooo excited! A little scared~ like and adventure is...
Love✿Smiles~
dan

gardengirl72
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
very cool. please post pics for us to ooh and aah.

GoldenAcres
01-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Welcome Danet, I live in Valencia County and too have been slowly making changes to my lifestyle. This is going to be my first year of intensive gardening I am getting a bed ready so I can plant onions in the next few weeks.
The current weather is driving me nuts, can't wait for the end of February when I can really get moving on things. You will learn a lot here so take your time and enjoy.:)