PDA

View Full Version : Predator urine source?

RedStateGreen
11-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I really liked the article in today's ezine about granulated predator urine, but I couldn't find a link to where one might get such a thing. Anyone know a good source?

Thanks!

gardengirl72
11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Liquid Fence is distilled predator urine I think.

Sinfonian
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I get my granulated stuff at my local hardware store. It has two kinds which is good for variety sake. The big box hardware stores sell it too, in the pest department.

Maybe I should have mentioned that in the article. Glad you liked it!

Enjoy your garden!

Backyard Permaculture
11-25-2009, 01:29 AM
This is a rather humorous topic.

In our "civilized" ignorance, we civilized people forget that we are also "Predators"

Several books and magazine articles I have read, have brought up this issue before. Predator urine does repel many pests, and the cheapest, most readily available predator urine is your own.

I realize this may not be a popular thought, but it is an acurate one.

Also many people may not want to go into their front yard and urinate on their rosebushes, but where it can be done more discreetly, and without getting arrested for indecency, should try it.

Human urine is also mentioned in many composting articles and books as beneficial to compost piles.

A book "Humanure" goes even further, promoting composting human feces for ecologicaly sound waste treatment. You can find info and videos on that subject at http://humanurehandbook.com/videos.html#adding

Enjoy

Sinfonian
01-05-2010, 04:25 AM
I too have seen the videos. However, the coons in our area could care less about humans. Coyotes and other predators however, they care a great deal about.