PDA

View Full Version : Making an impact

Warlord
11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I was talking with a neighbor who lives a few houses down the street about the garden I had this year. He had said at one point in our conversation that I must have been an influence on his wife. He told me she was thinking about having a couple of raised beds of her own to grow plants in. That was a month ago and what do you think I saw as I passed by their place tonight? Yep, two big, deep raised beds out back by their driveway.
Its something to realize that we are constantly having a positive or negative influence on those around us. Even people we don't really know.
Its a little scary to think about how many people I have had either a good or bad influence on over the course of my life. Sometimes its necessary to STOP and take an honest look at where we've been, where we are, and where we are going. We all have an impact on those around us lets do what we can to make it a positive one. Warren

gardengirl72
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
That's why I put a garden on the street side of my house. One year with my neighbors permision I planted some extra cucumber seedlings along his chainlink fence. The next year he planted his own.