PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of me now?!

MoniDew
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Thought you might like to see the "after"! Check out the new profile pic for my post-65lb weight loss!! WooHoo!!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/monidewknitteroo.jpg
remember her?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/100_3733.jpg
and this is me now!

It doesn't really show too much in my face, but more in my arms, shoulders, and collarbones.

AbbeyLehman
12-01-2009, 03:31 PM
You're beautiful!! It does SO show in your face! 65 pounds is AWESOME!! Great job!!!

Aspen
12-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Congratulations, you hottie! Any particular plan you followed? I am a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic, more motivated to control my weight. Any advice??

Fred's Fine Fowl
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
What do I think? I think you are setting a fantastic example for others...

Few things can beat a sense of good health and well being... money can't buy it!

I appreciate that you are sharing your personal success story.

As always,
Fred

MoniDew
12-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I did weight watchers. For me, it was a very easy-to-follow plan.

I am recently diagnosed myself, with celiac disorder (gluten intolerance). I don't think my weight LOSS had anything to do with eliminating gluten. Many people lose weight on WW without eliminating gluten. But I'm pretty sure my weight GAIN did! I wasn't digesting or absorbing anything, so that left my body no choice other than to store it!

Nothing like a life-altering diagnosis to shift your focus, eh?

Thank you everyone for your encouragements!

gardengirl72
12-10-2009, 04:09 PM
You look great! Congrats.

Kittikity
12-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, you look awesome! Great job!

Warlord
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Good work Monica, you look as good on the outside as you are on the inside.

mmandjsmom
04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Congratulations on all your hard work! Hard work always brings results. Sorry to hear about the celiac, but I know several people who have it & have discovered they enjoy cooking because of it.

MoniDew
04-03-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm smiling because, for once, I feel ahead of the curve. I already love to cook. And this diagnosis does force you to have to cook for yourself. It's just too unpredictable to eat out anymore - even in restaurants that have gluten-free menus, the chefs and/or waitstaff don't always know what they're doing, and they make mistakes. It's also embarrassing to walk into a restaurant and ask for the gluten-free menu because the entire place immediately goes into defcon 5. The manager comes to your table personally to hand you the special menu and the whole place feels like its on pins and needles. Can't tell you how much I hate that! (that, and the 10 days of pain and suffering afterward because even after going to defcon 5, they STILL got it wrong and made me sick!)