PDA

View Full Version : Garden update

Warlord
12-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Well uor garden is done for the season exept for the row of garlic still maturing. Part of the row was seed bulbs the rest of them are garlic I picked up out of the produce section of Walmart.(probably from China just like every thing else in that store :rolleyes:). Both kinds have done fairly well aside from being planted late.

I have also started some lettuce,spinach,two green bean plants and even a pinch of store bought mustard seed. All is growing well even the mustard seed. Soon I will have to relocate them so they don't over-run the kitchen counter. I didn't have the time (or ambition) to rerinstall a hoop house structure so they will stay indoors. We hope to be eating fresh veggies in a month or two. Yuuummm!

Cynthia
12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
sounds great! Good Job.

gardengirl72
12-10-2009, 04:08 PM
It has snowed here in Boston, but I still have greens in the garden.

kitsapFG
12-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Our garden is still producing but it is the over wintered crops of parsnips, carrots, kale, cabbages if last week's deep freeze did not prove too much for them, and swiss chard/lettuces/mache/green onions all growing in the unheated greenhouse. In about 1 month, I will be starting the first of the 2010 garden season seeds in the shop under grow lights and on a heat mat. The month of December is truly my one month where I am not doing much by way of gardening - the rest of the year definitely is more gardening related.

Cynthia
12-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I love winter gardens - just much less work to do. Congratulations.