PDA

View Full Version : Got bombed by a skunk last night!

gardengirl72
09-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Last night my big dog(Valentino) got bombed by a skunk. Good god the smell was enough to make me cry!

I am still trying to recover.

Cynthia
09-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Sorry to know you all had a rough night. There is a product you can buy online called "skunk off" It really takes the smell away and is safe enough to spray directly on dogs face. I keep a big bottle in the store room because we have three young labradors and they find a skunk or two every year.

gardengirl72
09-27-2008, 08:39 AM
The dog has been in the shed overnight. I am about to let him out----Luckly the heavy rain for last night has seemed to work on the outside.

plantoneonme
09-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Poor dog. Quite a few years ago our dog (who is now gone) made a skunk spray under our house. It took weeks and a special air filter to get the smell out. It does make your eyes water.

Yomolove
09-27-2008, 11:52 AM
LOL....Thats funny, I remember my mom got sprayed on her way to work.... She came back home when I was on my way out.... She smelled something bad at the time.... tomato sauce bath took care of her. I myself just think it smells like some strong oil... not tooo bad.

Sinfonian
09-30-2008, 03:35 AM
OMG, that is horrible for you and your dog. And their sense of smell is much better than ours. Poor pooch! Hope you figure out how to rid yourself of that skunk. And inside downtown Boston too, go figure. I'd expect it from the burbs but not downtown.

Sorry about that!

Carmi
10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi
I'm new here and we also have lots of skunks around. I live in Montreal. I've been living at this house for about 35 years and only had problems with skunks for the past 5 years or so. Apparently it's hard to get rid of them. There will be major changes to my back yard next year and will have to take the skunk problem in consideration... new fence, etc. gosh it smells so bad.... Carmi