PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about these?

Warlord
12-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I would like to know if any of the following products are eco-friendly and how well they work for growing tomatoes. The magazine they are listed in is called Totally Tomatoes. Any input is much appreciated.
Algoflash Fertilizer: 100% mineral based 4-6-8 tomato 6-6-6 all purpose
Foli-Cal: Liquid formulation of calcium to prevent and treat calcium deficiency.
Garden Tone 3-4-4: All natural plant food containing Bio-Tone ,a patented blend of beneficial microbes.
Mater Magic: 5-5-9 Balanced rate of NPK with calcium. (whats NPK?)
Tomato Maker: A blend of natural sources of nutrients combined with calcium,magnesium,and iron.
Jobe's Tomato Spikes: 8-24-8 Timed-release fertilizer.

I still have a while yet till I will need natural fertilizers. I guess I should ask if Totally Tomatoes is Monsanto free. Thanks much and stay cool.:cool:

Cynthia
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Garden tone is likely made by the folks who make Tomato tone - which is a great produce. the company is now organic I believe. Do you know the manufacturers of the other products?

Warlord
01-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't know who makes any of these products. Looks like I found a better vendor anyway.;) (see: My new garden vendor post)

Maryann
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I still have no true thought. I used Mels Mix last year, Someone said Tums. So I let some desolve in water and dribbled it at the bottom (not too close) everything seemed to grow faster, fuller and, of course, we had a early frost, days running ...:eek:
Be wekk
Maryann