PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like I'm In Good Company!

lovesedibles
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi. I'm a suburban homesteader from Pasadena, MD. We're zone 7a here, so we can grow quite a representative variety of fruits, from cherries all the way up to figs and some pomegranates. Olives and citrus are a bit beyond our pale, at least for edible landscaping, but not for pots.

I fell in love with the idea of useful AND ornamental plants, bushes and trees almost from the start, which, for edibles, was 2003. Since then I've created a small, but quite ample and varied orchard, a huge veggie garden including quite a few perennial veggies (some unusual ones), a side berry patch and a little piece of the Mediterranean...a hardy perennial herb garden. I'm not quite to the point of being totally obsessed with gardening, but I have noticed a fair amount of glazed looks when some poor soul expresses a mild interest in one plant or another!!!!

The idea of reducing our carbon foot print while feeding ourselves well, treating our senses AND sharing with the animals who share our space is such a pure joy to me...I'm looking forward to learning from others here.

Eggzactly
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
welcome to the site .Im new too

MoniDew
01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
welcome to both of you! great minds think alike!!

gardengirl72
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for joining the boards. Please add some images. I'd love to see what you've done.