PDA

View Full Version : aquaponics

Ginger
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello Patti!

I'm not sure which thread to put this question, but hopefully you'll see it and answer it here. We may be moving back to Hawaii into a town home on the beach with little garden area, but it has a garage that I could set up the indoor thing that you show on your video. My husband has some questions. These questions may have been answered before, but I can't find the answers anywhere on the site. We read all the information at aquaponics.com, but still are a bit stumped.

1. How do you provide for drainage?

2. Do you worry about controlling the water level?

3. Do you use fish or another fertilizing medium?

If you've already answered this, please, direct me there.

Ginger:confused::D

gardengirl72
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Here's a link to the video on it. I think those questions are answered. There is also an article on it posted in the description.
http://blip.tv/file/3073158 (http://blip.tv/file/3073158)
Thanks

Ginger
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Reading the article, I had all questions answered. I watched the video several times, and have to say it was quite inspiring. But I learn better from print combined with pictures. Having a website of my own, I understand how frustrating it can be. It's all there, yet people ask me the same questions again and again. Thanks for your patience. Hope your winter is growing great.:D

Ginger snaps, but she doesn't bite anymore.

gardengirl72
01-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Have you tried it yet? Please let us know your results and post some pictures.

Ginger
01-24-2010, 09:29 AM
No I haven't tried it yet. But I do intend to do it sooner or later. We're sort of in limbo right now. It gives me something to look forward to. Imagine an urban townhouse garage filled with shelves of growing greens instead of garage junk. Inspiring isn't it.:D

Ilvpermaculture
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello Patty,
I have a question about the aquaponic, seed starting setup information. I understand that you have all the water go up to the top tray, and then gravity has the water trickle down to the lower levels. But how do you set up the lower levels to the top? I know the answer is simple, I just want to make sure.

I have a greenhouse I start my seeds in every year, with the shelf's that you used. Would this system work with out the lights, in my greenhouse? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Camille