PDA

View Full Version : Chicks are ordered

dairymon
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Ok, so I took the plunge..... Chicks have been ordered and should be arriving in 44 days. Let the count down begin....Yahoo, can't wait.

Kittikity
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
It's so exciting waiting for chicks.. Whether you're hatching them yourself or ordering them.. Or even if you have a hen sitting on a clutch..

gardengirl72
01-31-2010, 11:45 AM
What kind of chickens did you get and how many?

dairymon
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
A little larger batch than I planned but the price was right. We started out with a Hobby Farm Assorted - 50 chicks - hatchery mix of Barred Rock, Dekalb Blacks, Wis. Browns & Cornish X Rock. Because it is a hatchery mix not sure of sex/mix so we also ordered 25 of the Wisc. Browns straight run to get our layers from. When it all is said and done should end up with 60 for the freezer and 15 for the hen house......43 days till C-Day

dairymon
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Well the babies have arrived....75 bouncing little balls with legs....LOL all have survived the first 4 days and are growing fast. As an added treat i picked up 4 turkey poults off of criagslist about three weeks ago. I forgot how fast they grow and feathers are coming in fast. Next come the two or three little pigs to add to the mix. :-)