PDA

View Full Version : New Glasses.

James
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Well I needed new glasses,To see with, So I went to the Optimoligist? The cost $417.00 for exam and 2 pairs, Talk about price shock. This was At A great reputable eyewear place too. They are Bifocals with the Tint for daytime driving And U V protection in both pairs. Well I'll get them in A few weeks when I get home

AbbeyLehman
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Have you heard of http://www.zennioptical.com? I use them for all of my family's glasses and they're great! My DH has bifocals and a very wide face (hard to fit) and I was able to get him a complete pair of nice-looking glasses, no lines, UV protection and magnetic sunglass lenses that are nearly invisible when on for about $65 shipped. I also ordered spare pairs for myself and my son (2 for him, he likes to break them--they also will sell you a frame only for repairs for half the price)--I have had nothing but good business with them. My son is always getting compliments on his neat glasses (2-toned) and I've been able to tell a lot of people about the website. My prescription sunglasses were $15 and my son's glasses were $9. All those prices are frames + lenses and if you order more than one pair in one shipment, you pay only $4.95 total for shipping.

I'm not affliated with them, yada yada, I just love saving so much money on such a necessary thing.

Abbey

gardengirl72
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the link Abbey. Last time I went to the Eye doctor it cost me over $800.00 I have such bad eye site that I have to get the thinner lenses so it always costs more.

AbbeyLehman
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
You're welcome, Patti! :)

MoniDew
02-20-2010, 05:51 AM
wow! this is awesome! my last pair of glasses (bifocals with anti-glare) cost me nearly $500!!! (with exam) YIKES! My family was hurting at the time, too, so I felt extremely guilty for needing them so badly. If only I had known about this site!

How do you convince your doctor to give you your prescription?

AbbeyLehman
02-20-2010, 02:03 PM
The doctor is required by law to give it to you. S/He may be reluctant to do so, but it cannot legally be kept from you. I have had a lot of luck with calling in to the office and asking the person who answers the phone to mail me a copy of it so I can order a spare pair. I'm sure you can come up with something that sounds reasonable if you want to avoid any possible confrontations. Telling them you're going to order online isn't usually a good thing, though :) Seriously, though, they may be grumpy about losing the sale but you shouldn't have to argue to get the paper.