PDA

View Full Version : New Gardener

wballard
03-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Garden Girl & Forum Members,

I am looking to network with people with the same kind of passion for gardening as I have. I could always use advice and would love to share my trials and errors as well. I live in SW Florida and have just started my garden. Here are pictures of the beginning of my little garden world: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=588429141#!/photo.php?pid=3053701&id=588429141

I put up a rabbit fence and lined the bottom of every bed with 1/4 inch fence to keep the moles from coming through...we've got both!

Since the picture was taken I have set up timed irrigation from well water. Each bed is currently setup with a 40 ft drip line that has a 1/2 gph dripper every foot. After watching your dripworks video I decided to change to the 6inch dripper line instead. What do you think?

Oh well...I can't wait to sow my seeds!

I look forward to connecting with all of you!

Walter

MoniDew
03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
sounds like you've made a fantastic start of it! here's hoping you're rewarded with a bountiful harvest. :D

gardengirl72
05-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the boards. FYI, I don't know what kind of water pressure you have, but I believe you don't want the actual drip lines to be more that 15ft long because the water won't make it all the way to the end. The length varies based on whether you have 6", 9", or 12" dripline.