PDA

View Full Version : greenhouse plans change!

SaraM2261
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi,
I had posted here months ago that I was wanting a greenhouse etc etc etc.
I did a TON of research and was coming slowly to the conclusion that it was out of my $ range this year. BUT! After talking with a girl friend I decided to do something a bit different.

My garden is up against my garage, so I have decided to try to create a sort of roll-back greenhouse that I can attach to the garage at about 6 feet up and roll out over the garden and fence as needed to extend both sides of the season.

I have ordered the plastic and I can't wait to see if it works. (The polyethylene sheeting cost me just $90 compared to $400+++ for a greenhouse structure.)

Here is a picture of my garden currently (from last year). It is a Victorian style fence and on the inside I have rabbit fencing. The plastic would drape over the fence and down to the ground on all sides and be attached to the garage about 6 feet up with a little tent type entry in the front at the gate.

http://sarasgardenmarket.com/gardenfence300.jpg

IM SO EXCITED!

MoniDew
05-08-2010, 12:51 PM
keep documenting your process in pics for us... I'm intrigued!

Garden Green
05-20-2010, 12:31 AM
That sounds like a great idea and far easier to erect than a greenhouse kit. Would love for you to keep us posted on the progress.