PDA

View Full Version : excited about my garden

btompkins
05-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Hard work, this message board, and lots of reading has finally paid off. My first post was on the new members. I am in southernmost TX and Mexico.I have used compost from a barrel compoter my husband built. Also we tested the soil and found out our ph, etc. We have corrected our low nitrogen problem and now have summer squash almost ready to pick, tomatoes that are growing like gangbusters, melons with lots of floers and potatoes. I also started asparagu and it is growing! Thanks to all who have helped andask such good questions and share advice. I'll let you know how things go as we begin our harvesting soon. In His service, Bonnie. Http:sbhministry.faithsite.com

btompkins
05-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Yesterday I harvested two summer squash and cooked them for dinner. If this garden continues to do well I can help families here improve their soil so they can grow somebfood. My tomato plant is aroune 3 ft high with one almost ready to pick! I would like to know more about companion gardening. Any tips and reading material would be greatly apprecioniieated. In His service, Bonnie

Garden Green
05-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Hehe! I'm excited for you! It sounds like you guys are going to have tomatoes coming out of your ears.

MoniDew
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm excited for you, too!