PDA

View Full Version : Tomatoes with Zucchini

Garden Green
05-20-2010, 12:29 AM
It's that time again!

There isn't a set amount of tomatoes and zucchini with this recipe, this is something you'll have to play by ear.

Tomatoes with Zucchini

To remove skins, wash tomatoes and dip in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds or until the skins begin to split. Then dip in cold water, slip off skins, core and remove any blemished or discolored parts. Slice into quarters. To prepare zucchini, wash and cut into cubes or slices.

Hot Pack

Place prepared tomatoes in a saucepan, heat to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add zucchini to the tomato mixture and boil gently an additional 5 minutes

Packing Jars

Add lemon juice or citric acid to canning jars along with 1/2 teaspoon salt to each quart jar, if desired. Pack hot jars with hot prepared tomato and zucchini mixture and leaving 1-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims and screw threads and adjust lids and screw bands.

Processing Methods

Pressure Canner

Dial Gauge Type at 11 pounds pressure or Weighted Gauge Type at 10 pounds pressure.

Pints 30 minutes
Quarts 35 minutes

After processing, remove jars immediately, place on a rack to cool.
Test for Seal.

MoniDew
05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
way cool! my very Italian mamma used to make something like this for us when we were growing up. I miss it now, too!

this is a MUST TRY for me! THANKS!