PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all, from Philippines

Ivan Lamperouge
05-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Hello to all in the forum.

My name is Ivan and I live in the Philippines. I really love the nature and love traveling connected to nature. Now, I'm just starting my own garden. My garden location is actually the old house of our ducks. They leave there and lay eggs and leave some poop that will become fertilizer. I chose that location because the soils is so rich and fluffy, but rocky. I'm currently removing the stones from the bed. The soil consists 1 part ordinary soil and 3 parts compose.

Meanwhile, I started already some seeds. Some lettuce, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes, snap peas and cucumbers. They have now germinated and I'm just waiting for their transplant day.

My guinea pigs are the one who introduce me in the world of gardening. Sound strange? Since guinea pig are herbivores they eat only plants. Vegetables here are the cheapest priced food since we are a tropical country, we enjoy whole year planting. But I want to save some money so I decided to grow their food in my backyard. Then I learned of sustainable living, which I will do slowly.

That's for it now, photo of my garden will be posted after I finish it.

happy gardening to all.

MoniDew
05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
your life sounds amazing! can't wait to see pics!