PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Dana! (aka GardenGreen)

MoniDew
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I have been craving a marinated black-eyed pea salad, but can't seem to make one that tastes as good as my favorite restaurant version. Have you got a recipe for something like that? (You've got a recipe for EVERYTHING! LOL!)

Garden Green
06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I have been craving a marinated black-eyed pea salad, but can't seem to make one that tastes as good as my favorite restaurant version. Have you got a recipe for something like that? (You've got a recipe for EVERYTHING! LOL!)

Yes ma'am, I do. :)

Sorry it took so long for me to see this, I've been wildly interviewing trying to get a job. This is actually Emeril Lagasse's recipe.

2 1/2 cups dried black-eyed peas (1 pound), soaked overnight and drained
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 large onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley

In a large saucepan, cover the black-eyed peas with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, cover partially and cook over moderately low heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.

In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic. Add the peas and onion and season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let the flavors blend. Bring the salad to room temperature, stir in the parsley and serve.

Being a southern woman, I love my black eyed peas. This is a great recipe for it. Lemme know what you think of it.

Dana

MoniDew
06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
You ROCK, sister! Can't wait to try it! Will write as soon as I do!