PDA

View Full Version : It's been awfully boring around here lately... what's up with that?!

MoniDew
09-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I keep checking, but there is definitely not as much activity on these boards as there used to be. I keep asking myself why that would be, because Patti seems to be getting more popular by the minute! ;)

I don't know if this is the real reason why or not, but I think that since the format change the boards are harder to read. They come up very large on my computer screen. Makes it difficult to see. Maybe going back to the old format would be better? I don't know.

What do you guys think? How can we stir up a little action around here?

Backyard Permaculture
09-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Hello Monidew

If the text is too large on your screen, and you are using Internet Explorer, look in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, and you may see a number such as 100% or 150%. If you click on that number, it should open a menu of different percentages to show the webpage. Select a smaller percentage than you had before clicking on the number, and it should reduce the size of the webpage on your screen.

Ron

James
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Well I have not been here for a few weeks, maybe .thats why It was boring here. But it was A very long month plus. The yard is so over grown. And needs mowed But I will be here to instgate for A few days.

gardengirl72
10-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Welcome back! I've had such gloomy weather and I've been in an edit room for so long. I've got garlic and shallots and more bulbs to plant! I'm also going to plant some pawpaw seeds. I have some trees and now I have seed too. I can't bring myself to let them go to waste. The high winds and rain have knocked down so many tree branches. But the weather is supposed to break soon.

MoniDew
10-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I have always wanted to try pawpaw trees!

I have a dilemma with my city lot - I planted large, tall shade trees when I first moved in - to shade our roof and hopefully lower the electric bill in the summer months. But now, I have run out of room for planting trees! I have a mostly shady yard, and the veggie garden gets priority on the little patch of sunshine I have left. Where would I put a pawpaw tree?!

I think I'm ready for a country lot... maybe...

gardengirl72
10-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Paw Paw trees are primarily found in the wild in forests etc. so it can grow in shade. You need two trees for proper pollination. The weather broke today and I managed to plant the pawpaw seeds. 43 in all. I will keep everyone informed of how many germinate etc. I hope to get my garlic and shallots in the ground this weekend.

MoniDew
10-10-2010, 12:42 AM
43!! HOLY COW! That's incredible! I'd love to hear how well they do for you.

You really can plant them in the shade?!! REALLY!??? Then I must consider planting some myself. Thank you for that information!! Can you please share your source for the seeds? And, any special instructions for germinating them?

gardengirl72
10-11-2010, 08:13 AM
You get the seed from the fruit. There is a farm in Ohio that sells the fruit and will ship it. I believe he also sells the seeds. http://integrationacres.com/ Stark Bros also sells different varieties of Pawpaw trees. http://starkbros.com

MoniDew
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
thank you so much, Patti! I was telling my husband about this convo the other day. Can't wait to get my pawpaws going!

gardengirl72
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I have a pawpaw video that I will release in a week or so. Stay tuned!

MoniDew
10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
staying tuned, as always!!!!

Kittikity
10-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I step away from the forums for a little while and it gets quiet.. lol

Nothing really exciting going on here.. Hubby is still going to school and doing well.. Or did I tell you all about that? He's going to school to become an aviation mechanic.. So far he's one of the top people of his class of about 45 people.. Me, I've been doing a little transcription, but it pays very little and I usually only make about $10/day.. It helps my husband with gas money but not much else.. Hopefully I'll be able to get a part time job fairly soon be able to do a little more..

Still at our house, still have the goats, still have a couple of my chickens.. One of my goats had a beautiful baby but then she got butted really hard and died.. I'm still heart broken but I still hold on to the knowledge that I'll be able to get my goat project back on track in a couple years..

Nothing is happening garden wise.. I haven't really even been outside much this summer because I've been trying to do as much transcription as I can.. Between my transcription tasks I've been crocheting.. Got a couple things made.. I'll have to take pics and post them.. Working on several other crochet projects and so many more I want to do..

Anyway, that's me in my current nutshell.. :D

MoniDew
10-21-2010, 01:08 PM
GUESS WHAT I JUST GOT!?!

PAWPAW TREES! Two of them! YEAH!! I can get them in the ground before winter! STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gardengirl72
10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
NICE! Post some pics please! Pawpaws are high in nutrients.