PDA

View Full Version : My Best Season Ever

Warlord
11-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey gang, Warren's back for a hot minute. this was our 4th growing season and it was wonderfull all around! The weather, the temperatures, the rain,and oohhh the plants were just right. I had to till up more of our yard to make room for all of the potatoes I bought. I managed to get 75 plants out of 1 bag of Red Pontiac seed potatoes; which yielded just over 300 lbs. I also grew over 100 lbs. of Kenebeck potatoes in the new 18ft x 18ft section I tilled up.
Our tomatoes did not get blighted this year at all praise the Lord! I may have broke a rule though. I grew some Big Mamma Hybrid from seed that I had saved from the year before. It was very interesting to see the different variations show up from plant to plant. I did save the seed from a few Big Mamma"s that actually looked like the ones on the seed package. They will be known as just Big Mamma (third Gen).
All in all it has been a great year. I plan on stepping my game up next year and dedicate some garden space to an outside hydroponic growing station. Who says I can't grow my tomatoes in the same spot he. he.he.;)

MoniDew
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm very, very excited for you. I am only in my second season in raised beds. It was better than the first, so I am hopeful that the progress will continue. I'm amazed at how quickly progress improves by using Patti's system. Congrats on a great year, and looking forward to next with you!

gardengirl72
11-19-2010, 06:48 AM
That's awesome. Thanks for the report!