PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Massachusetts!

Blossome
02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Hello All,

I'm relocating and I have NO idea what to expect when it comes to gardening in Masschusetts, the weather has been a lot worse there than here in Maryland. Hubby is already there in the Cambridge/Waltham area, which are bit expensive. But I'm looking for a nice quite area (not too far from from the work are in Cambridge/ Boston), where I have enough land to grow my food and I would like to get some farm animals. I tried searching for laws in MA on farm aminals but no luck so far.

Sinfonian
02-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Patti is in Boston, and she has chickens, though every governing body has their own laws regarding livestock. Ours doesn't allow hooved animals like pigs, goats or cows.

I sure hope you can swing some land to garden for your family, that would be my dream as well. Good luck to you!

gardengirl72
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Dedham, MA allows farm animals. It is nice and quiet also Milton, MA has horse farms. Both of the towns are south of boston & cambridge. Not sure about Arlington & Belmont & Medford which are North/west of Cambridge. Look west of Boston near Route 2. Welcome to the area. I hope you can come to one of my open houses.

Blossome
02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Sinfonian,

Thanks, I'm really scared but I've found the people to be nice.

Blossome
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi Patti, thanks for responding, Dedham and Milton are a really good distance from work. I didn't want a long commute. Since I'm in the medical filed I'm looking for something right in Boston. I would love to come to one of your open houses. As soon as I'm settled I'll check it out.

Blossome
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Well I ended up settling in Quincy, I'm pretty happy with my choice. It's really close to transportation and Boston. Not sure if this is where we will buy a home but for right now the family likes it. Patty, when is your next open house?