PDA

View Full Version : Tomato seeds for postage and an incredible website

plantoneonme
10-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Check out this website called WinterSown. It is a new method of starting plants which really works! I tried, with skeptism this spring and had very good luck starting some flowers and lettuce. Trudi also gives away many heirloom tomatoes for just the cost of postage. Take time to not only order tomatoes but look around her very informative website as well. Kim

http://www.wintersown.org/wseo1/YourChoiceTomatoSASE.html

Sinfonian
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Trudi's great. I know of several folks in my state that wintersow. I myself found out about it too late last year but I've been saving up recycled containers to try this year.
Great info there.

PJJ
10-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Kim,

Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out.

I've also been collecting recycled containers for seed starting. I'm going to make the little newspaper pots and sit them in flats I've been collecting.

Penny

AbbeyLehman
10-11-2008, 05:18 AM
I have received their seed packet and it's pretty extensive! We weren't in a position to try it last winter, but this year will be full of homeschool plant projects!

Garden Green
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow. I just made out a wishlist and it isn't exactly small! Thanks for the site, I'm going to have great fun planting these and sharing them, too.

maricybele
10-22-2008, 12:37 AM
I got seeds from that site and Trudi is lovely. She will answer any questions you might have. I loved winter sowing. It was fantastic and saved money on electric. The nice thing about was the plants came up at different times so it was easy to plant them. Tomatoes were a little later here. As I collected the costco chicken boxes and the to go boxes that would make good mini green houses and starting Late February little sprouts kept coming up. I even sprouted asparagus seeds!

dancingfatcat
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I just wanted to thank you for suggesting Wintersown.com, they are wonderful!
I picked out my six tomato variety and received nine! Plus they sent me flowers and veggies seeds as well.

I even put in an order for my Mom.

For the winter seeds I got twelve different types of seeds, veggies, flower and herbs!

I plan to save and exchange with them next year. Thanks again :)