PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Thanks from Central Virginia Woods

Elizabeth Petofi
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I love the Garden Girl youtubes I've seen so far. So much to learn! I'm not urban. I'm VERY rural but so many good ideas for the city are adaptable to my situation. I have big problems with critters so am very interested in cage growing as opposed to a large expensive ineffective fence. A question: I have four bath tubs. What's the best, most practical way to set them up? Should I have them drain or keep water? What to fill them with? Suggestions for hoop covers for year-round gardening in these tubs? How can I beautify the bases? What about (eeeek) snake prevention? Copperheads here! Thanks for advice!

MoniDew
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
:D

I'm just happy to meet you. (I don't really have any ideas to contribute. I'm sorry.) WELCOME!

gardengirl72
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Lots of questions:
1. Leave the drain in the tub, and fill with three inches of gravel, fill the rest with compost.
2. Can you bury the tub? Then it wont look bad because you won't see it.
3. Chain link Dog kennels. No animal gets in, and you can use the chain link for vertical gardening.
4. Hoop covers, any 12mil or above translucent plastic will work fine.
5. Snakes....hmmm.......snakes.......not something I have any experience with, I dunno loud noise?

Elizabeth Petofi
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Boy, I've been dithering around for ages with no clue what would be best to do! Flash! Problems solved, so simply and with such clarity! I do appreciate your prompt response! I am not going to bury the tubs. Wow! Too much work digging stony ground! Daffodils are starting to bloom here. Now my problem of how to fill them is resolved, I am eager to get them set and planted! Thanks again.

gardengirl72
05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Elizabeth please update us on your progress. Hope all is well.