PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Old England

Neil Crawford
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello every one.... I in the small English Market Town of Farnham in the County of Surrey England.... Type in the Zip (Postal Code) code of GU9 into a google map of England and you should get a nice view....

Any way why am I here? Well I found Garden Girl on You Tube whilst looking at sustainable - organic home gardens etc.

Its rather what I'm into have grown my own veg and fruit for years......

And to be honest I'm very lucky to be on the plot where I live.... excellent soil if a little bit on the clay side for me.... as it used to be a Hop field for about 100 years.... 100 years of top cultivation....

Anyway my garden principles are as follows.... Sustainable - Organic - and try to wast nothing..... Well I'll put that as "try's not to".

Have just come in from repoting a Fig tree that I was given about 8 years ago.... and doing the evening walk around my humble plot....

Must sign of now best regards from Neil..... in England....

MoniDew
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome, from across the pond. I found myself smiling as I read your words. You write just as an Englishman speaks. Delightfully!

I look forward to reading more of your adventures in gardening.

gardengirl72
05-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Neil is the fig tree fruiting? Do you bring it in and out in the winter?

farmgirlshelley
12-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh how I would love to live across the pond! sounds like a lovely place you have :)