PDA

View Full Version : Planting quinoa

zabulun
04-13-2012, 12:11 AM
I wanted to know if I can plant quinoa seeds in the east coast of the United States,primarily New York City like around this month. I did however purchased some red quinoa seeds from wholefoods and planted them in my garden and 2.5 weeks later with two given attempts, nothing sprouted from my garden and I was curious to know, if the seeds were either sterilized by the whole foods vendor or maybe where I live is not within the appropriate climate to grew Quinoa. I'm more on the impression that the quinoa seeds from wholefoods are sterile, but then again I had a seed vendor who sales red quinoa seeds from Chile who resides in Canada, advised me that I might be in a bad location to grow quinoa. Last year however, I planted Barley and I had no issues what's so ever.

Can someone please advise as this is my first time attempt to plant and grow quinoa, as I'm under the impression that I need to buy seeds elsewhere that will germinate or where I live is not within the right climate to grow this plant. :confused: