PDA

View Full Version : Gardening with Kids

plantoneonme
10-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Here are a couple pictures of my own little Garden Girl. At nearly 4 years old, she already has 2 years of gardening behind her. She helps out from planting the first seed to the final harvest. She is picking the end of the seasons crops and won't accept any help from grandma because "I can do it all by myself".

Sinfonian
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM
How cute! My 4 year old started out strong, even helping me plant individual carrot and lettuce seeds last spring. Now he just wants to play in the dirt or gravel. Oh he does love harvesting. Carrots especially as he eats them like they're going out of style.

And my 2 year old isn't far behind. Maybe he'll sit still long enough to help plant tiny seeds with his tiny fingers hehe

PJJ
10-07-2008, 10:54 PM
What a big girl and adorable too!!

PJJ
10-07-2008, 11:40 PM
I have a couple of pictures in my profile album of one of my little garden helpers. His name is Trey. He turned 2 the middle of August. He LOVES to rake leaves and grass for the compost. He is a good little helper. He always helps me feed and water our chickens, dogs and cats. Anything we are doing, he wants to be right in there helping.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics on my posts? I still haven't figured that one out.

Thanks,

Penny

PJJ
10-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I think I figured it out. Sorry it's so big. I'll figure out how to resize it someday. lol
http://www.gardengirltv.com/messageboard/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=81

AbbeyLehman
10-11-2008, 04:07 AM
Here are a couple pictures of my own little Garden Girl. At nearly 4 years old, she already has 2 years of gardening behind her. She helps out from planting the first seed to the final harvest. She is picking the end of the seasons crops and won't accept any help from grandma because "I can do it all by myself".

Sounds just like mine!

Garden Green
10-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Hehe. I love gardening with my kids. They have such a great time with their little gloves and little tools. First thing my oldest did before the rabbits ate our crop was make sure that everything had enough water when he got in from school. His brother would help him lug the water and they would pour together.

Gotta love teamwork!

gardengirl72
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
This is great, I love the pics. The looks on their faces is so pure and full of life! So cool!