PDA

View Full Version : hello from kentucky!

groundhogpeggy
10-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Wow! I can't believe this website! I just found it, and it has so much interesting info about stuff I've either dabbled in a little bit over the years, or have always wanted to do.

Looks like I've got a lot of videos to watch and reading to do here... I'm particularly interested in raising both fish and veggies together in a small back yard, along with a few chickens, oh, and possibly angora rabbits, now that I've seen that video.

I love knitting and crochet, too. I'm retiring from my job in about another month from now, and would like to finally be able to jump into a lot of these activities full time. This website will be very helpful and inspirational for me.

Sinfonian
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Welcome and wow, congrats on your pending retirement. Its great to see you moving toward sustainability at a time when you're likely moving to a more fixed income. You're right, there is a wealth of info here. Enjoy and let the experts here and us yokals help!

plantoneonme
10-20-2008, 03:56 PM
So glad you can join us. It is amazing what we all have to offer in helping others. I didn't think I really knew a whole lot but have found there are people interested in what I do know (the little that there is). Please jump in and let us know a few things you do to help sustain you and your family. Kim

PJJ
10-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Hello and welcome!!

You're gonna love it here!

Where are you located in KY? I'm in southern IN right on the Ohio River.
We might be neighbors.:)

Penny

groundhogpeggy
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Well it sounds like we sure ARE neighbors!

I'm on the Ohio River, just across from Cincinnati.

gardengirl72
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome Kentucky and congradulations on your retirement!