PDA

View Full Version : The last time Oil was $75 a Barrel!

Sinfonian
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
It dawned on me today that oil hasn't been as low as $75 for quite a while. Then I read an article about how the low oil prices were jeopardizing the oil companies' push for expanded exploration and investment. Not quite the article that I wanted to read.

What I hoped would be on the reporter's minds was what the gas prices were like the last time oil was $75 a barrel compared to today. I know, I know, there are many factors involved with gas prices, but everyone should admit that the raw material for gas is oil... right? So I did some quick research. Oil fell to $75 a barrel today and gas is about $3.35 in the Seattle area. The last time oil was that low was in April 2006. Here in Seattle, the gas price was an average of $2.61! That's incredible! Not even close!

Just a random thought...

gardengirl72
10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I think this is a temporary oil price reduction, and of course the prices are being held up for inflationary reasons. Frankly "they" had to lower the prices or see pandemonium in the streets when combined with the banking failures.