PDA

View Full Version : Stir Fry Video!

gardengirl72
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
My new Stir Fry Video is up, and it includes my new video introduction. Let me know what you think--(it took thirty hours to make the new intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhYM7NohNI

Thanks,

Garden Green
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice change to the intro! It shows the growth of your garden and gardening since your beginning episode. I especially like it that you include your daughter. I enjoyed the video as well.

Good job!

maricybele
10-22-2008, 01:07 AM
had a little trouble viewing it on youtube. It kept cycling. Wondering if there is a different speed. I have a fast dsl but it the video was breaking up, some of the videos on you tube do that don't know why, one video offered 2 speeds and I was able to view without breakups that way.

Look forward to seeing it another time.

I do love the new intro.

Sinfonian
10-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Great video! I don't have a pan for stir fry, nor the veggies like you have. I've got to expand my green selection! And you should grow garlic. It's easy, throw it someplace between plants in full sun and harvest it in summer. That's what I did this year between my blueberries. Oh, wait, did I see a video from you on planting garlic, I forget. Either way, great work!

gardengirl72
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks everybody, you may Try viewing my blip channel:

urbansustainableliv.blip.tv

And I have failed in my garlic attempts up till now. You have me there Sinfonian, I have never grown garlic well.

plantoneonme
10-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow 30 hours for the new intro! You make it look so effortless. I only wish I had a tenth of your energy. Kim

Sinfonian
10-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Hmm, I must say I've never grown garlic myself, but seeing my brother do it it couldn't be easier. No bugs, no diseases, just plant, wait, wait, wait some more, then harvest like 10 months later. At least that's what he did. Oh he weeded some, so I'll have to do that too in that bed.

I'm not sure what your challenge is. Maybe it's the really cold winters there that we don't get here? Sorry I'm not up on your climate, I have enough to learn about mine hehe.

As for the intro, I am always amazed how long it takes to do something you make look so natural and spontaneous. You are amazing!

plantoneonme
10-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Great video! I don't have a pan for stir fry, nor the veggies like you have. I've got to expand my green selection! And you should grow garlic. It's easy, throw it someplace between plants in full sun and harvest it in summer. That's what I did this year between my blueberries. Oh, wait, did I see a video from you on planting garlic, I forget. Either way, great work!

I love making stir fry and this is a great time of year to use up things from the garden...just a few bits of this and that when cleaning out the beds works great. I make mine with just about anything I can find from carrots, to beans, pea pods, radishes, broccoli and so on. My stirfrys are never the same twice. A simple sauce is made from 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/2 cup water thickened with some cornstarch. Place on top of rice and enjoy.

Oh yeah, you don't need any special pan such as a wok a large saucepan works great as well.

gardengirl72
10-26-2008, 11:34 AM
For me, the key to a good stir fry is to keep the veggies crisp. Other than that mix it up, I am with you Kim.