PDA

View Full Version : Have a blog? Have a google Adsense Account?

gardengirl72
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Recently I was made a Youtube partner. What that means is that if anyone (that has a Adsense Account) post my videos using a Video Unit and get paid. You can customize, like I have if you look to your left you can see how I use it, to fit your site.

groundhogpeggy
10-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure what this means, but I do want to look into it.

I do have a blog, connected to my youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/user/groundhogpeggy

which, up to now, has been primarily concerned with my biggest hobby, old-time music, banjo, guitar, etc. I do plan to utilize youtube for other things at some point, as soon as I can get started with other things, I guess, that it is!

I know there are connections between various youtubers, bloggers, etc., but have not had the chance to look into any of that yet, and don't know anything about it............................YET!;)

Sinfonian
10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Sheesh! I am so out of it. Dos anyone?

Patti knows of my blog. I also have a google account, though they're not linked. I also have a youtube account though I couldn't find my login or password if I tried. What does that all mean? Not a clue hehe.

Hum a few more bars Patti. Or maybe this was meant for tech savy folks from today, not the 80s.

gardengirl72
10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Basically it means that if you put my videos on your website you will be paid by Google through their Adsense program.

If you have adsense you will see something called "Video Units". If you install video units on your site, you are offered channels to have the videos on your site, mine is now one of those that are offered.

You get a bunch of choices of player types to use, I use the one in the left hand column, it fits my site best.

This probably isn't a lot of money, but what the heck, its a nice way of shareing a little green.

Sinfonian
10-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh, you meant you want to put your videos on our blogs. Got it. No clue how to do it but you're welcome to do it. Your videos are great! Very helpful and informative. Not advertising in the slightest IMHO. Of course I have NO clue how my blog works other than posting there. I'm useless since the 80s with computers.

groundhogpeggy
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
you're not alone... I work on computers, that is, my work is done on computers, and has been for the past several years, but I still feel stuck in time with barely knowing a few things I learned a long time ago... I know how to get by at work... manage to get youtube videos up there, somehow, and can write onto my blog (but having trouble just finding my blog, which is why I linked it from my youtube page!!!)...

...I plan to be spending more time learning to do these things right, and put more things on youtube and my blog besides just music stuff that I have been putting up there since I started with those things. I'd like to include other activities as I do them... etc. It would be neat to include some of gardengirl's videos too... I just don't have the know-how yet:mad:... but I plan on finding my way through these things within the next few weeks. If I manage to find the easy way, I'll share info... but normally, I'm usually more successful at finding the hard way:eek:...

plantoneonme
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Can anyone give us more detail? I need almost need step by step instructions. Will this work if our blog is on blogspot? Kim

ecogirl
01-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Can anyone give us more detail? I need almost need step by step instructions. Will this work if our blog is on blogspot? Kim
Sign in to your google adsense account
Page elements (blogger)
Add gadget
Scroll down to "adsense"
Click on it and choose the colors
Click save and you've got your revenue on your site!
If someone clicks on one of the ads on yoursite then you wi.l get a few pennies back!
By the way the ads will be according to what your site is about ;)

gardengirl72
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Video are units are great, because if you put my videos on your page with your adsense video unit account you will make pennies if people watch the videos.