PDA

View Full Version : Canning

oberhaslikid
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I just canned up 7 quarts of apple pie filling and Black berry Jelly.I love to look at the jars when I am done.

gardengirl72
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Nice I did eight quarts of tomato sauce, and two gallons of pickles last weekend. Pesto this weekend. I will put up some pics soon.

monica
09-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Made some cucumbers, and pickled some turnips, going to do some beets with horseradish and make sauerkraut with my cabbages. All this is a first for me and I am very excited. I am going to try to make jam out of the wild plum harvest that abounds in my yard and all over the parks around my area, (natural parks, I don't believe pesticides are used) May pickle some rutabagas, but don't know for sure, have any other suggestions about things that can be pickled? I am on a pickling rampage!!! Arghh!

Marci
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh, jars of fresh canned foods are so pretty. After I finish cleaning up, I like to sit down with a cup of tea and count the wonderful "pops" as each jar seals!

Marci

rdsaltpower
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
We have canned a total of 27 pints of tomatoes this summer. Hope to get a few more before growing season ends.

gardengirl72
09-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I think that canning is a key skill in sustain/surviveability. I find that although it isn't quite as good as fresh, but in the winter it is such a delicious treat to eat from the garden.