PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Montreal, Canada

Carmi
10-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone, came by this site purely by accident. Was looking for information on building raised garden beds and found the gardengirltv. I live in Montreal and was always interested in gardening, but suffer from arthritis and figured it would be easier with raised beds. I have a large back yard with mostly grass but plan to remedy that next Spring. Hope to learn more from this site and put that knowledge to good use. Take care everyone. Carmi

Sinfonian
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Welcome! Glad to see you found us here! Sorry to hear that such a relaxing and pleasureful activity such as gardening causes you pain. Here's hoping you find ways to enjoy it more than it hurts!

gardengirl72
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome Marci, I hope we can help you and you share and help us all!

plantoneonme
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
One of the reasons I like raised beds is due to a bad shoulder, bad back and bad knees. Take it slow your first year to see what the body can handle...you can always add on later. Good luck. Kim

Garden Green
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I have two kids to do most of the work for me. Nothing like slave driving the little ones! Muhahaha! :D

But I know all about the bad body parts and know even more about them not wanting to cooperate when you wanna get up and get it done.

Welcome to the site, BTW!