PDA

View Full Version : Three big Atlantic Storms and Ice Shelf Breaks

gardengirl72
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't know about you, but when three major Atlantic Storms and an ice sheet the size of manhattan breaks off in the same day I say "Global Warming" is real.

You don't have to have a degree in science to see that the effects of our use of petrochemicals is having it's effects on the planet. When my daughter has a fever I know there is a problem, doesn't it seem clear that the planet has a fever.

AbbeyLehman
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, something has ticked off Mother Nature big time. Add that to the severe economic problems and it makes you want to stock a hidey hole somewhere and curl up in it!

gardengirl72
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I fear my Dad is in the path of the next big one in Florida.

WendyB
09-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a good friend who lives in southern Florida on the Gulf side. They were hard hit by Hurricane Charlie a few years ago and are still suffering the effects. They've been boarding and unboarding their house for the past couple of weeks. This time of year is really tough for them, and getting worse as the storms have intensified over the past few years.

Patti, I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope he'll be okay.

gardengirl72
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
It looks like the storm will brush by him, so he should be fine. That constant boarding and un boarding must be a real chore. And the storms must reek havoc on the gardens. And of course the people must go through hell.