PDA

View Full Version : Digging in the Dirt in Oklahoma

MoniDew
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Hello from Oklahoma - not exactly an urban metropolis. But, believe it or not, we do have cities here. I live in a suburban housing tract and would like to learn all I can about sustainability in an "urban" environment. Never know when that knowledge might come in handy! :rolleyes:

Glad to have found a few more like-minded thinkers!

Monica

plantoneonme
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the group Monica. Feel free to jump in anytime and share your wisdom with us. It is nice to have a group of like minded people to chat with especially since my own husband thinks my gardening is a waste of time and I would be better off working more hours....is he nuts! Kim

MoniDew
11-12-2008, 10:05 AM
It is difficult to explain to others the cost-effectiveness of how planting $2.50 worth of seeds in $5.00 worth of manure can yeild $50.00 worth of vegetables. They can't seem to understand why one would "waste the time." That's why we have eachother!

As for working, by the time I bought a car, insured that car, fueled that car, bought a work appropriate wardrobe, factored in convenience and fast food meals, I could have MADE that much money operating a home-based business, or SAVED that much money by doing things myself, "the old fashioned way." Sometimes I feel like I am the only one making any sense. That's why I am so happy to have found this site.

Thank you for welcoming me! Glad to be a part.

herb girl
11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello and welcome Monidew,

I enjoyed looking at your tea site. What a wonderful small business you have!
I'd love to spend time crafting teas and smelling the wonderful aromas.
My oldest daughter works part time in a victorian tea room. And I'm always encouraging the owner to get in some organic teas. I'll try to send her a link to your site.
BTW, do you have an organic black/vanilla tea?

Garden Green
11-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi Monica. I really like your tea site. I *love* tea and drink mostly black tea. When I'm ready to order some more I'll definitely keep your site in mind.

Welcome to the site!

MoniDew
11-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Thank you both, to garden green and herb girl!!! (It does smell lovely around here!) We are in the experimental stages with a french vanilla... will let you know when it's ready for prime time. Thanks for your support! We are filling our holiday orders now, so keep me in mind.

RedStateGreen
11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome!

Oh, how I love tea! I might just have to stop by sometime! :D

MoniDew
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
please do! all are welcome.

As I am sure you are all aware, small business is dependant upon holiday income for survival. Now is the time!! Please help me make it through.

Tea is an affordable luxury!

Sinfonian
11-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Welcome Monica!

Enjoy the site... and don't worry, I don't hold it against YOU personally for taking our SuperSonics away from us... hehe

gardengirl72
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I love meeting people with small cottage business's. I think that the truth of a post peak oil world will allow the micro business to thrive! I loved your site, and what does a Girl have to do to trade for some tea! Welcome to the boards.

MoniDew
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I love meeting people with small cottage business's. I think that the truth of a post peak oil world will allow the micro business to thrive! I loved your site, and what does a Girl have to do to trade for some tea! Welcome to the boards.

Thank you, Patti! And, for you? ANYTHING!

MoniDew
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Welcome Monica!

Enjoy the site... and don't worry, I don't hold it against YOU personally for taking our SuperSonics away from us... hehe

Hand over that SuperSonic!!! :p