PDA

View Full Version : Part one of the Soil Spectacular with Mark Highland

gardengirl72
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Here is part one of the soil spectacular with Mark Highland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_1Jy5GPno

I should have part two done today as well. The ezine has a great article by Mark as well!

PJJ
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Great video Patti!! I've been wondering how to make compost tea. I was going to do an online search to learn how. Now, thanks to you and Mark, I don't have to. lol

Can't wait for Part two!! AND the ezine article.:D

Keep up the good work!

Pennyy

Sinfonian
11-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Well done Patti and Mark! Great looking soil. If only my wife would let me have a worm bin in the house. hehe.

I love the idea of compost tea. Maybe next year I'll do it. I've wanted to water by hand anyway.

And I look forward to seeing what your ezine looks like this month! Hehe, hope you like what I sent you. Shoot me an email if you have any questions or issues. Thanks!

Cynthia
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
good job - cute cat too.

You can buy compost tea locally, I suspect you can get it anywhere, but it is so simple to brew. I loved your giant tea bag!

gardengirl72
11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
This video has some "whimsey" with the dog and the cat in it. I thought about cutting it out as bloopers, but I thought they were cute.

Garden Green
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks so much for the great video! I really enjoyed it!

herb girl
11-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, good idea to keep the video crashers in! loved it!

I didn't know the part about only brewing 24 hrs. Why is that?

gardengirl72
11-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Mark tells me that after twentyfour hours is when the bacteria are at their peak. Beyond that you can start brewing up new stuff that you didn't necessarily want.

carmin
11-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Patti, you have the best gardening site in the internet. Many others tell people how to do things but you actually show us how to do them. I consider myself rather knowledgeable when it comes to gardening but you put me to shame. I don't know how you get the time to do so many videos, take care of your little girl, garden, cook, knit, and do so many other things. You are an inspiration. My favorite one is the one where you explain about all the weight you gained and that you were able to take it off with the gardening. I have gained seventy pounds also through the years and felt rather hopeless. I do hope I can do the same. Know what? When I was younger, I looked so much like you that people could have thought we were related. Of course, now I am much older, I cut my long hair and it has turned white so we look different. It is so nice to spend time at your site.

gardengirl72
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Thank you Carmin for the kind words! It makes me feel really good to hear you say that. This whole project has been a labor of love for me. My goal continues to be to help and inspire people.

I doubt I know more than you. I just read and try stuff. I make mistakes and fail all the time, it comes with the territory, I just don't let it stop me from trying something new.

Time is biggest problem. I am always one step behind where I want to be. It is very hard to maintain everything in my life, but I think the key is that I decided that this was my calling, and one day it provide a living where I could truly do what I love all the time. My hobbies are slowly becomeing my career.

Carmin, send me a pic if you get a chance. I would love to see what I'm going to look like:)! And don't worry, do as much as you can and you will lose the weight. Don't try to do too much at once. Slow and stead wins the race. It took me two year to lose my seventy pounds.

Thanks Carmin, and if you get a chance leave a post about my site on Fine gardening's blog, every little bit helps.